Korčula’s developing urban identity is exemplified by a number of exhibits: a facsimile of a page from the Statute of the Town and the Island Korčula from 1214, artistic imagery of the town, the town standard, stamps, stone inscriptions, documents and coats of arms.
The altars are adorned with paintings by Jacopo Tintoretto and some other Italian masters. Notable Croatian sculptors: Frano Čučić, Ivan Meštrović, Ivan Kerdić, Frano Kršinić, Alojzije Lozica and Izvor Oreb.
HOUSE AND TOWER
Marco Polo tower Korčula
The family house of the Polos in Korčula has been preserved and the Depolo family remains the oldest Korčulan family.
The most notable is the Korčula Codex from 1214. The splendid Gothic two-part window “bifora” is turned towards the interior of the hall in order for the visitor to enjoy the style and technique. Coins minted for Korkyra Melaina from the 4th century B.C. are in the numismatic collection cabinet and are of special interest.
These valuable icons were brought to Korčula by the returning galleys.